xauth: needs cookie handling warnings in man page

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Mon Jul 25 13:45:36 PDT 2011

On 07/22/11 20:18, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Insecure xauth usage has lead to a few security bugs recently fixed in
> Debian. Man page warnings may guide users/developers toward more secure
> usages.  See attached patch for a possible solution.

Are you adding warnings to every man page for every program that users may
pass secret data to on the command line?   Seems like a huge task, and I'd
hope there's a better way to educate script writers not to do that for any
command, not just those with man page warnings.   (Though I can't actually
think of one of the top of my head at the moment.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com