1.11 release process (was: [PULL] -next branch for 1.11)

Cyril Brulebois kibi at debian.org
Tue Mar 1 16:26:58 PST 2011

Hi,

Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com> (01/03/2011):
> I think that locked-step changes should be done as simultaneously as
> possible.  We should try not to merge proto updates that cause the
> server to stop building (as was the case with randr for a while)
> until both sets are reviewed and can be pushed together.  The same
> goes for tagged releases.  I think we should've pushed rc tags of
> extproto and randrproto to coincide with the server rcs. This would
> allow someone to build the rc server entirely from tarballs which
> might allow for more exposure.

as far as I'm concerned on the Debian side (Julien can correct me if
I'm going haywire), we can always build stuff from git if needed, but
having specific versions (that include rcs) helps a lot when trying to
figure out which stuff works or breaks, or when trying to decide what
to upload, when, and where.

And since I maintain some tinderboxes, I would also welcome having
locked-step changes applied altogether when possible.

KiBi.