What's up with Xv cliprects?

Ville Syrjälä ville.syrjala at nokia.com
Wed Mar 23 08:38:33 PDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 03:36:16PM +0100, ext Thomas Hellstrom wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just tried Xserver 1.10 on Ubuntu 11.04 and noticed that regardless of
> whether I put another window on top of a non-redirected Xv window,
> XvPutImage will only be sent a single cliprect covering the whole window.
>
> Needless to say this is bad news for any other window that happens to be
> on top of the video window when colorkey autopainting kicks in...,
>
> Before I dig further into this, does anybody know of any changes
> affecting this?

There's been quite a bit of churn in xf86xv, but nothing should have
changed as far as a regular PutImage is concerned.

The clip region is still computed the same way as before. So it seems
to me that pGC->pCompositeClip is out of date somehow. Perhaps
ValidateGC()->miComputeCompositeClip() didn't happen for some reason.
That might point to the drawable serial being out of date. The other
option would be that the drawable's clipList is bad.

Anyway, the color key filling uses a scratch GC which will be
validated separately, so assuming the clipList for the window is
correct the color key should still end up in the correct areas. Well,
assuming the drawable serial and scratch GC serial aren't identical.

--
Ville Syrjälä