[Mesa-dev] glproto changes

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Wed May 4 21:29:23 PDT 2011

Yeah... so considering the comments in mesa-dev earlier today, I was really surprised to see that glproto and dri2proto were tagged today.  I think we need to brownbag retract and rethink this.

These changes break API.  I'm all for fixing the structs, but anything that breaks API (or worse, protocol) certainly warrants much more than the +0.0.1 version bump.  This also makes it impossible to build the current dev and current stable with the same protos installed.  I haven't looked at the details specifically, but I suspect that it also changes what is on the wire, meaning clients and the server may disagree depending on which glproto version they were using.  Is that the case?  If not, can't we solve this with some creative union{}ing?

Either way, I think we should retract the glproto 1.4.13 release until we can get this straightened out.