About kdrive status

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Wed May 11 23:02:16 PDT 2011

FWIW, we're still shipping Xnest, Xephyr, Xvfb, Xfake built from the server-1.6-branch because the ones built out of 1.7.x and later no longer work (I think something XKB related, but I forget exactly what) and I don't have any intention of figuring out a workaround.

I haven't actually looked into building the X.Org server / xfree86 DDX on darwin as an alternative, so I can't confirm that they don't work (just that it's never been tried by me).  Jamey, do you know who told you that it doesn't work, or can you tell me specifically what doesn't work, so I can put it on my list of things todo?  It would be nice to at least get that DDX buildable on OSX.  Is the problem some dependency on libpciaccess, libdrm, DRI2, etc that needs to be better conditionalized?

Thanks,
Jeremy