Multitouch feature merge for 1.12

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Nov 10 22:51:18 PST 2011

This is a heads-up for the multitouch work (i.e. XI 2.2) currently ongoing
and planned for server 1.12. This will likely _not_ be 100% ready for the
merge window but we're already about a year late on this and I don't want to
punt this by another 6 months unless really really necessary.

The inputproto snapshot was just released today (:multitouch-devel branch)
and the current implementation is on the multitouch branches of
    git://people.freedesktop.org/~whot/xserver
    git://people.freedesktop.org/~whot/xf86-input-evdev
    git://people.freedesktop.org/~whot/libXi

Missing are mainly nested grabs and the correct pointer emulation as
required by the protocol. This is (hopefully) not a huge chunk of work but
i'll be rather occupied elsewhere for the next two weeks. Chase will take
over and keep it going, maybe we can get it ready in time.

I don't know when the merge window closes (1.11.0 + 3 months would be Nov
26) so I'm just giving a heads-up that I'll be sending a pull request for
this when it's ready, even if it's a week or two after the merge window
closing.

Cheers,
  Peter