[PULL v2] string handling, unit test & Solaris fixes

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Mon Nov 21 18:16:33 PST 2011

On 11/21/11 11:27, Keith Packard wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:40:38 -0800, Alan Coopersmith<alan.coopersmith at oracle.com>  wrote:
>
>> I can build Xdmx fine here, but then I'm on an OS with the strl*
>> functions in libc.   I see that hw/dmx/config/xdmxconfig gets
>> built with the functions, but doesn't link against the fallback
>> code from os/strl*.c - I'll work on fixing that.
>
> You and your competent libc...

It's more like it has different competencies than GNU libc.

It only recently decided that segfaulting on printf("%s", NULL)
was just annoying to people porting software from other platforms,
not actually helping find many real bugs.

> Let me know if you want help on linux.

I fired up my trusty old VirtualBox image of Fedora 14 and am
pulling the necessary updates now.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com