[PULL] build fix, GC clipping cleanup

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Oct 4 09:07:45 PDT 2011

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 23:46:10 -0700, Jamey Sharp <jamey at minilop.net> wrote:

>       Quit wrapping ChangeClip, CopyClip, and DestroyClip in GCFuncs.

Good fix

>       Make GC clientClip always be a region.

Good fix.

>       Introduce ReleasePixmap to unreference, call screen hooks, and free.

This one seems very problematic. You've essentially changed the
semantics of the DestroyPixmap screen function without changing it's
name or type signature. Catching mis-use of this is going to be a
challenge.

>       Introduce CreatePixmap, allocating a header and calling screen hooks.

This one seems easy enough to fix drivers to match; the code won't
compile until you repair it.

For this and DestroyPixmap, I wonder if we should be having the drivers
manage the list of callbacks explicitly, or if they should just be
callback lists which DIX runs over?

>       Move pixmap size limit checking to CreatePixmap, from screen hooks.

Quite sensible

keith.packard at intel.com