Syntax enhancements for Match statements

Oleh Nykyforchyn oleh.nyk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 03:22:34 PDT 2011

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:36:54 +1000
Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:

> right, looking at this configuration I've got a few comments, but the main
> one is that at least for your config negations aren't really necessary.> >
> > Section "InputClass"
> >         Identifier "evdev pointer catchall"
> >         MatchIsPointer "on"
> >         MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
> >         MatchLayout "!regex:/^Seat[0-9]+$/"
>
> this one isn't really necessary. you can just skip this statement since
> it'll get overwritten by the next one anyway.
You are right, now I have it done without negations, but by playing with
"Ignore" "on" / "off", because I need to disable devices with already assigned
drivers.

> So yeah, I can somewhat see the need for regex but all the more complicated
> seem over the top.

OK, I understand Your decision. What about a minimalist version I just sent to
the list? Only regexes, but with char** changed to list of patterns, which allows
to keep matching mode together with pattern strings. It seems to be in line with
the latest changes in InputClass.c (nt_list_*...). No visible changes for users
in the first patch at all.

Best regards,
Oleh Nykyforchyn <oleh.nyk at gmail.com>