[RFC] Bugzilla Cleanup

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Mon Sep 19 10:47:23 PDT 2011

On 09/19/11 00:17, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> So, one of the things talked about at XDC was just how icky bugzilla has become.  There are a ton of open bugs which haven't been touched in ages and either don't apply any more or don't have sufficient information to act upon.  I would like to spend some effort cleaning these up, but before I go and make thousands of changes, I wanted to discuss my plans in case anyone has objections, suggestions, and critiques.

The other big problem with bugzilla is the number of patches rotting there
because most developers don't watch it, and few people monitor for patches
to either apply or mail to the list.

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=Xorg%20patches

(and that's just the ones someone noticed enough to add the "patch" keyword)

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com