[Mesa-dev] X/Graphics DevRoom at FOSDEM 2012? (4-5 February)

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Tue Sep 20 04:12:17 PDT 2011

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 22:49:33 +0200, Luc Verhaegen <libv at skynet.be> wrote:
> So... After our terrible showing in 2010, i now need more to convince
> the FOSDEM organizers that we are worth of a DevRoom, that we can
> deliver. So, with a deadline of oktober 1st, i am now asking for 6
> people (basically fill up saturday afternoon) to step up and promise to
> hold a talk at FOSDEM, even when their employers end up not paying for
> their expenses, even when there is some other conference that might turn
> up in the next 5.5 months.

Brussels is just around the corner to me, so I'll put myself forward to
describe path rendering in Cairo/Qt and how we can extend Render to
offload more of that work onto the GPU. I can also put together some
material on X in a post-Wayland world, from the point-of-view of
maintaining a 2D render server.

Daniel, think you might pop over for the weekend and teach us a thing or
two about the DRM infrastructure and what it might look like in a year
or two as more SoC gradually become mainline?
-Chris