[PULL] bus cleanup, darwin hw/xfree86, build regression fixes

Mark Kettenis mark.kettenis at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 26 12:57:31 PDT 2011

> Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 18:31:11 +0200
> From: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu.herrb at laas.fr>
>
> > Still only a partial review; looking into the changes to the
> > interfaces that map video memory now.
>
> I wanted to look, and more importantly test them, but so far the
> IOADRESS fallout (plus a few other stuff induced by the usual
> autotools churn) has caused the build of drivers to fail. I'll restart
> the build with the IOADDRES removal reverted and see how it goes.
>
> One 1st comment though: apparently the intension is to remove the old
> MTRR support backend completely (since its now done by libpciaccess
> directly) but some bits of it have been left in place in
> bsd/i386_video.c. Is that intentional ?

The MTRR code that's left cleans up any stale settings left behind by
a previous (crashed) X server.  That's something that libpciaccess
doesn't do.  Not sure how important that code actually is.  I'd expect
any settings that are left behind to be right anyway.  And cleaning
them potentially interferes with running a second X server.