[Pull Request] Glamor: A 2D rendering acceleration implementation based on OpenGL

zhigang gong zhigang.gong at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 08:32:06 PDT 2011

2011/9/28 Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net>:
> On Die, 2011-09-27 at 21:50 +0800, zhigang gong wrote:
>>
>> 3. Only support Intel platform currently.
>> As glamor depends on KMS + MESA/EGL + GBM, currently only
>> intel gfx device get supported.
>
> A Gallium based EGL driver (e.g. r3/600g, nouveau or llvmpipe) can
> support all of the above, any particular reason why it wouldn't work
> with that?

You are talking about gallium driver, right? As I met some problem with
intel's gallium driver, it just simply failed at egl initialization stage. And
I was told that don't use gallium driver at that time. So you can see at
my first email, I said please disable gallium when building mesa. That's
my working environment.

If those drivers satisfy all of the required features then theoretically glamor
can work with them. But I never try it. If possible, you can have a try and
see what will happen.