[Xcb] 7.7 katamari Release Notes draft & RC1 content list

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Mon Apr 2 03:44:16 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 2 April 2012 11:10, Michal Suchanek <hramrach at gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW there is a several years old bug report with patches to revert
> this behaviour and to add an option to revert to using DDC but nobody
> ever bothered to review any of them.

That's completely untrue.  The patches to revert the behaviour have
very consistently over the past several years been rejected because
this is a deliberate choice and we stand by it.

There was a patch posted to Bugzilla, and then subsequently to the
list, to add a xorg.conf option which would derive DPI from the EDID
block(s), but it didn't work.  Making the submitted patches actually
function in any way would be a good first step; then, after that, I
imagine they'd be considered for inclusion.

Cheers,
Daniel