[PULL to discuss] Remove kdrive, Xnest, and Xvfb

Jon TURNEY jon.turney at dronecode.org.uk
Wed Apr 25 05:24:44 PDT 2012

On 03/04/2012 22:08, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2012-04-03 13:58, Jamey Sharp wrote:
>> I'd be really interested to know how much of the Xorg DDX relies on
>> POSIX and how much is straight C. The module loader is an obvious
>> candidate for pain, but once you turn off stuff like the PCI layer
>> that doesn't matter on Windows, how much non-portable stuff is left?
>
> Hard to say; I got as far as building libX11 for mingw32 when:

At the moment, substantial patching is required to build X for mingw32.  Even
the XWin DDX does not build for the mingw32 target out of the box.

Fortunately, Ryan Pavlik has done all this work already, see [1].
Unfortunately I've been a bit slack in pushing this work upstream :-(

[1] https://github.com/rpavlik/Xserver/tree/cleanpatches-1.11-branch