--version options for X.Org commands

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Mon Apr 30 21:12:21 PDT 2012

If anyone out there is looking for a simple way to contribute to X.Org,
it would be nice if all our programs accepted some form of -version,
--version, -V, etc. (whichever fits best with their current option syntax)
that just did:

	    puts(PACKAGE_STRING);
	    exit(0);

(where PACKAGE_STRING should be automatically put in config.h by
 autoconf).

Obviously there's a ton of programs we ship, so this is easy to do piece
by piece, by as many different people as want to chip in.

Anyone not familiar with our patch submission/review process can learn from
http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/SubmittingPatches what to do.

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com