Expected behaviour for xrandr --fb

Jammy Zhou jammy.zhou at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 04:49:38 PST 2012

Hi All,

For the "--fb" option of xrandr, there is some description below in the man
page. Besides the screen size change, I'm wondering if the display mode
should also be updated to the closest mode of "widthxheight"  if we just
run "xrandr --fb widthxheight". Can anybody here give some ideas? Thanks in
advance!

       --fb widthxheight
              Reconfigures the screen to the specified  size.  All  configured
              monitors must fit within this size. When this option is not pro-
              vided, xrandr computes the smallest screen size that  will  hold
              the  set  of  configured  outputs; this option provides a way to
              override that behaviour.

Regards,
Jammy