Another 1.10.x release

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sat Jan 21 10:50:19 PST 2012

On 01/21/12 01:16 AM, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> A few days ago, I pulled in a bit of changes into the 1.10 branch.  I know a few distros are using it for their current stable or long-term releases, so I figure it's worth keeping it alive a bit longer.  Is there anything else that I should roll into a final(?) 1.10 release?  This is focused mainly at said distros that are probably maintaining their own patchsets and would like to upstream them.

The upstream patches we've cherry-picked back to our xorg-server-1.10.3
packages for Solaris 11 that you don't seem to have yet are:

commit 2b364bf970b2ce6829af656990c33afd0d365f3c
Author: Rami Ylimäki <rami.ylimaki at vincit.fi>
Date:   Tue Jun 15 14:44:38 2010 +0200

     Revert "os: Prevent backtrace from being stopped in noreturn functions."

     [Because it also solves a race condition that sometimes breaks our builds
      with dtrace probes enabled.]

commit 58d3d46d6cc0d7a81db6bad61d158f3b9af8af71
Author: Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at oracle.com>
Date:   Thu Sep 1 16:48:37 2011 -0700

     Assign ids to more tags in Xserver-Dtrace.xml

     Keeps xsltproc from adding random-number id tags to html output so that
     it's easier to see real changes vs. different random numbers.

     [Because it helps our package system avoid downloading updates to files
      that haven't really changed.]

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com