Very strange problem with input events

Cedric Sodhi manday at gmx.net
Sat Jul 7 16:01:16 PDT 2012

Sorry if this gets not in line with the original thread:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freedesktop.xorg.devel/31159

Peter, I'm not absolutely convinced what happend then and why the
problem seemed fixed, but I'm afraid the mixing-up of touchpoints was
just one of multiple problems.

With the latest kernel the results in mtview look o.k., but I still do
get those strange effects where, as soon as I touch the touchscreen, all
subsequent operations which involve clicks behave strangely (in some
cases as if I had not released a mouse button or pressed another one).

Could you or anyone suggest how to proceed from here? I quote a few
installed libs for completeness:

[ebuild   R    ] sys-libs/mtdev-1.1.2
[ebuild   R    ] x11-proto/inputproto-2.2
[ebuild   R    ] x11-base/xorg-server-1.12.2
[ebuild   R    ] x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev-2.7.0

regards,
Cedric