Stable branch reformatting issues

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon Mar 19 22:57:02 PDT 2012

On Mar 19, 2012, at 6:58 PM, Chase Douglas <chase.douglas at canonical.com> wrote:

>> Yeah... we can certainly have a server-1.11.4-branch (or some other name) which allows you to maintain a centralized branch pre-reformatting.  It will have less cherry-picks than the main server-1.11-branch (or at least lag behind it a bit), but it may be helpful to distros in your situation.
>
> I think that's a bit overkill. If we are going to reformat the 1.11 and
> earlier branches, then we might as well leave it at that and let the
> downstreams worry about it. Or, actually have someone maintain a
> pre-formatted branch. However, adding another level of stable branches
> (and releases?) that differ from the main stable branches could get very
> confusing.

I wasn't suggesting actual releases from that branch.  At this point there aren't even any plans for future releases from the stable-1.11-branch (although there may be an out-of-band one in the future like I did with 1.10).  I'm just trying to figure out a way to best collect these "pre-formatted" changes for everyone to benefit from.