7.7 katamari Release Notes draft & RC1 content list

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sat Mar 31 20:55:35 PDT 2012

I'm planning on getting the release candidate for the X11R7.7 katamari
posted in the coming week, and to that end, I've provided for review,
the current draft of the release notes (posted at [1]), and the current
list of modules/versions to be included in the release (attached to this
message).

Please review & speak up ASAP if you see anything to correct or improve
in either before we go forward with this release.   (The ReleaseNotes.xml
is pushed to git master, should you wish to submit improvements/corrections
via git format-patch output.)

Please pay attention to the list of new features, to see if I incorrectly or
incompletely described any (as I'm not familiar with the full details of
several of them), or if I missed anything of significance.   I tried scanning
the consolidated changelogs ([2]) as best I could, but obviously, it's hard
to pick out the important bits from one-line summaries and exhausting to read
the full logs.

It's expected that some of the links in the release notes won't work in this
form, but will be working links when all the docs are posted to the X.Org web
site at release time.

[1] http://people.freedesktop.org/~alanc/7.7-draft-ReleaseNotes.html
 or http://people.freedesktop.org/~alanc/7.7-draft-ReleaseNotes.pdf

[2] http://people.freedesktop.org/~alanc/7.7-draft-changelog.html