randr provider object

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri May 18 14:30:33 PDT 2012

Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> writes:

> I think the only way to do it and keep it extensible, it to make
> everything a property of an object.

Not sure it has to be 'properties', but surely something where you can
set a bunch of 'pending' values, and then push the 'go' button and have
the whole set either succeed or fail.

> So we get something like objtype,xid,propertylist , and we can add new
> values to objtype for new objects like providers.

I'd like to keep the data on the wire structured if possible; the notion
of a type-less protocol just doesn't appeal.

> (outside the scope of my project ;-)

But, alas, relevant if we want this to actually work.

keith.packard at intel.com