Display Link Adapter Hot-Swapping with xorg-server 1.13.0 and xrandr 1.4

Sam Lanning sam at samlanning.com
Tue Nov 6 07:38:04 PST 2012

On 11/05/2012 04:31 PM, Daniel Martin wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 05, 2012 at 01:22:28PM +0000, Sam Lanning wrote:

> You've build and installed libdrm before? If it's installed in a non
> standard path you have to tell pkg-config where it has to search for it
> (PKG_CONFIG_PATH).
I did build and install libdrm. It created:

/usr/lib/libdrm_nouveau2.so.2
/usr/lib/libdrm_nouveau2.so.2.0.0
/usr/lib/libdrm_nouveau.so.1
/usr/lib/libdrm_nouveau.so.1.0.0

I got these values from pkg-config:

pkg-config --modversion libdrm
2.4.37

pkg-config --modversion libdrm_nouveau
0.6

pkg-config --modversion libdrm_nouveau2
2.4.33

So setting the environment variables pointed it to libdrm_nouveau2
rather than libdrm_nouveau.

> I'm unsure about that. Do you've installed the development packages for
> util-macros and xorg-server?
> Do those files exist:
>     /usr/share/aclocal/xorg-macros.m4
>     /usr/share/aclocal/xorg-server.m4
>
> The macro XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT is defined in the latter one.
According to David Airlie, i shouldn't need to use his repos any more, i
built xorg-server 1.13.0 from the git repo successfully prior to this.
So i don't need to worry about these any more.

I did have xorg-macros, but not xorg-server. But it shouldn't produce a
syntax error for an undefined macro should it?

>>> you need libXrandr.
> configure should have checked for libXrandr and it should have failed if
> it's not available. What's the output of:
>     pkg-config --libs xrandr
>

> Cheers,
>     Daniel
Also the result of the above command is this:

$ pkg-config --libs xrandr
-lXrandr

Any further advice?

Cheers,