X.Org mentorship program

Alin Rus alin at fsck.ro
Wed Oct 3 15:29:49 PDT 2012

Hello,

I would be very interested in contributing to the X.Org project but as
someone with *no* experience with the code base I need some guidance.

The X.Org Endless Vacation of Code (EVoC) [1] caught my eye and I was
thinking if there's someone interested to act as a mentor. I already
contacted the board and Bard Massey suggested to open a discussion
here.

Basically I'm willing to code pro bono, I'm also willing to spend
let's say at most 200$ on hardware.

>From what I see on the ideas page most projects are geared towards
nvidia hardware (which I got rid of a few years ago). The page also
suggests a large amount of hardware which I won't be able to buy on my
200$ budget.

I have at my disposal 2 laptops (Intel card) and desktop PC (AMD
card), and 200$ to spare.

I have been a successful student in the GSoC program for the past 3
editions and a Linux user for the past 10 years.

Anyone willing to help out?

Regards,

[1] http://www.x.org/wiki/XorgEVoC

--