display using unix-domain socket

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sun Oct 7 10:59:09 PDT 2012

On 10/ 7/12 10:53 AM, Antoine Martin wrote:
> Are there any good reasons against it? (after a thorough clean up or
> even a complete rewrite obviously). I can't think of a good one.

How are you going to handle authentication for this?   Purely using the
user based authentication?   Or allowing magic cookies if you force people
to have a different xauthority file for each connection using this so two
servers using display :666 on different sockets don't overwrite each others
cookies?

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com