brokenness of dri1

Matt Dew marcoz at osource.org
Wed Sep 26 09:27:34 PDT 2012

I'm guessing this question has been asked a bunch of times, please
forgive me for asking yet again.

Is it possible to have automated regression and functional tests for
this stuff?   Are machines needed with those particular cards?  This
tinderbox just verifies that things compile correctly right? Not actual
functional test? (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Peter is doing the XIT (pronounced either z-it or sh-it),  Blaz worked
on piglit tests, ...

What is needed for us to have an automated regression test setup?  Other
than needing people to actually spend the time to write tests?

I'm actually wanting to help with this type of stuff. I think it goes
nicely with the xserver stable branch maintenance.

As always, please re-steer me if I'm out in left field,
Matt
(still on vacation, may not respond until next week but I happened to
see this and really wanted to respond.)