Bad caching of the scratch pixmap

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Apr 19 10:52:50 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> I found that the same issue affected the geode driver in the past:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-geode/+bug/377929/comments/24
> and the fix chosen there (follow the link to the patch) is to make
> rotation not use the scratch pixmap.
>
> Does that seem like a correct fix to you? I could do the same in dove.

I still don't have a complete understanding of the issue, but I've
gone ahead and copied that change from geode into the dove driver.
That solves the problem, no more X server patching required.

I know X developers have no shortage of things to work on, but if
there is interest in diagnosing further, I'm available for further
debugging in order to complete our understanding.

Thanks,
Daniel