License of Adobe Utopia fonts

Fabian Greffrath fabian at greffrath.com
Tue Aug 6 01:08:35 PDT 2013

Am Montag, den 05.08.2013, 09:04 -0700 schrieb Alan Coopersmith:
> Because we were unaware there was any other license, nor that there would be
> any reason for us to change.   Having read your reference, it seems we should
> not change as that was an explicit license to the TeX Users Group and their
> members, not an amendment to the terms Adobe licensed the fonts to the X
> Consortium under, so wouldn't seem to apply to us.

I believe what is needed is to get Adobe to review the wording of the
license and clarify its intent. Just as they did fot the TeX User Group,
but without restricting the license change to a certain licensee.

Adobe seem to have become rather liberal with regard to relicensing some
of their open source projects. Is there anyone in Xorg who has
experience with Adobe and could contact them for the Utopia license
change?

- Fabian