Using systemd-logind Session.TakeControl() from Xorg, input needed

Laércio de Sousa lbsousajr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 05:31:41 PST 2013

Hans,

systemd currently ships a multi-seat-x wrapper (
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/tree/src/login/multi-seat-x.c) for
cases where X.Org doesn't work well with multiseat. In the beginning, it
was much bigger, but now, as X.Org evolves, it now only does the following:

* If "-seat" option value is "seat0", just exec real X server, with no
additions
* Otherwise:
  + Append "-sharevts" to real X server command line [*]
  + Append "-config" to real X server command line, with the following
config file:
      Section "ServerFlags"
        Option "AutoAddDevices" "True" # pointless, since it's already true
by default
        Option "AllowEmptyInput" "True" # this option doesn't exist anymore
        Option "DontVTSwitch" "True" [*]
      EndSection
      Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "Force Input Devices to Seat"
        Option "GrabDevice" "True" # not needed anymore, since
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=c73c36b537f996574628e69681833ea37dec2b6e
      EndSection

The points tagged with [*] above are needed because non-seat0 X servers
still try to open VTs, although non-seat0 seats can't handle them. My patch
proposed at http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2013-December/039353.htmlmakes
those points unneeded.

CANTATE DOMINO CANTICUM NOVUM
QUIA MIRABILIA FECIT