Xorg server crash at fbblt.c:178 when incresing resolution

Prabhakar_Pujeri at Dell.com Prabhakar_Pujeri at Dell.com
Tue Dec 17 01:32:00 PST 2013

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential

Please find attached  backtrace
RHEL 6.5 display tool ( i.e system -> preference -> Display )
No kernel command line not included "nomodeset"

-----Original Message-----
From: xorg-devel-bounces at lists.x.org [mailto:xorg-devel-bounces at lists.x.org] On Behalf Of Felix Miata
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 11:28 AM
To: xorg-devel at lists.x.org
Subject: Re: Xorg server crash at fbblt.c:178 when incresing resolution

On 2013-12-16 11:22 (GMT-0800) Prabhakar_Pujeri at Dell.com composed:

> When I increase resolution from default to any higher resolution Xorg server get crashed. Attaching backtrace log with this mail.

Attachment failed to be of any use.

> Using MGA G200 graphics card

> Steps to reproduce :

> 1.       Using display utility set any higher resolution and say apply

Using what "display utility"? Using it how? Exactly what steps?

> 2.       Xorg get restarted or below screen get blur

Does your kernel cmdline include the string nomodeset?
--
"The wise are known for their understanding, and pleasant words are persuasive." Proverbs 16:21 (New Living Translation)

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/