Xorg server crash at fbblt.c:178 when incresing resolution

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 17 09:58:32 PST 2013

On 2013-12-17 01:47 (GMT-0800) Prabhakar_Pujeri at Dell.com composed:

> End of assembler dump.
> Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
> Please find attached  backtrace
> RHEL 6.5 display tool ( i.e system -> preference -> Display )
> No kernel command line not included "nomodeset"
>> When I increase resolution from default to any higher resolution Xorg server get crashed. Attaching backtrace log with this mail.
>> Using MGA G200 graphics card

You mean a G200eW on a PowerEdge maybe? If so, and the RHEL paid support
system doesn't have an answer, take a look at the thread with
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2013-02/msg00099.html and do some Googling
for that gfx chip. I think you'll find it's a problem chip, intended for
minimal required capability, and you may be best off sticking to modes that
existed when the chip was originally designed last century, meaning at least
in part sticking to non-widescreen display modes. Certainly this forum has to
be an inappropriate place for discussing trouble with an X server that's
several years old.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/