Is it possible to know if a full-screen application has started?

Jasper St. Pierre jstpierre at mecheye.net
Fri Feb 8 17:31:32 PST 2013

You can use SubstructureNotifyMask on the root window and look for the
ConfigureNotify/MapNotify events, and look at what size an application
requests, I'm not sure what Warzone2100 does, but if it uses the standard
extended window manager hints, you can also subscribe to PropertyNotify and
look out for changes to _NET_WM_STATE to see if it changes to
_NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN.

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Aaron Lewis <the.warl0ck.1989 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to know when there's a fullscreen got started, can I get a
> signal from Xorg? (Like warzone2100 etc.)
>
> If so, can anyone provide me an example of code please?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Aaron Lewis - PGP: 0xDFE6C29E ( http://keyserver.veridis.com )
> Finger Print: 9482 448F C7C3 896C 1DFE 7DD3 2492 A7D0 DFE6 C29E

  Jasper