Initial DRI3000 protocol specs available

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Wed Feb 20 09:03:47 PST 2013

On 2013-02-19 22:46, Keith Packard wrote:
> A.3 Protocol Events
>
> The Swap extension specifies the SwapComplete event.
>
> ┌───
>     SwapComplete
> 	1	CARD8			type
> 	1	CARD8			extension
> 	2	CARD16			sequenceNumber
> 	4	DRAWABLE		drawable
> 	4	CARD32			ust_hi
> 	4	CARD32			ust_lo
> 	4	CARD32			msc_hi
> 	4	CARD32			msc_lo
> 	4	CARD32			sbc_hi
> 	4	CARD32			sbc_lo
> └───

May I suggest that all new events be Generic Events? One event isn't too
bad, but the legacy event space is already crowded.

    SwapComplete
	1	35			GenericEvent
	1	CARD8			extension
	2	CARD16			sequenceNumber
	4	2			length
	2	CARD16			evtype
	2				unused
	4	DRAWABLE		drawable
	4	CARD32			ust_hi
	4	CARD32			ust_lo
	4	CARD32			msc_hi
	4	CARD32			msc_lo
	4	CARD32			sbc_hi
	4	CARD32			sbc_lo

(I assume "extension" in the original is a typo. If it isn't and an
extra byte of data is needed, it easily fits in the two bytes of
"unused" after "evtype").

Peter Harris
--
               Open Text Connectivity Solutions Group