support for HW_SKIP_CONSOLE breaks use by blind people

Michal Suchanek hramrach at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 13:46:37 PST 2013

On 9 January 2013 01:33, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:
> Samuel Thibault, le Wed 09 Jan 2013 00:55:13 +0100, a écrit :
>> >
>> > And what's the point?
>> >
>> > You don't have a screen so you don't see the VT switched.
>>
>> But I *NEED* the VT to be able to choose whether keyboard/mouse events
>> go to the server or to the linux console.
>
> By switching into/out the VT, I mean.

VT switching it totally irrelevant for input.

It happens that X has currently only one routine that switches VT and
modifies the VT mode so that only X server gets input. The two things
are separate, however.

It is a bug that VT mode is not modified when dummy driver is used
with the standard evdev driver. It is not a bug that the VT is not
switched, however. And I don't see that happening by default with the
dummy driver.

Thanks

Michal