Preparing for automake 1.14

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Sat Jan 12 19:49:07 PST 2013

On 13-01-12 05:48 PM, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> The recent release of automake-1.13 carried out the removal of macros like
> AM_CONFIG_HEADER that we'd cleaned out of almost all our configure scripts
> a while ago (at least in git, though not all of them got tarballs released),
> and announced what's coming in the next round:
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake/2012-12/msg00038.html
>
> Of the items listed, the one it seems we're not prepared for is the removal
> of INCLUDES - we've still got more than a dozen modules using it in one or
> more Makefile.am's (I've attached the list I found in the modules I've checked
> out).
>
> I don't see a published release date for automake 1.14, so we should have some
> time to clean them out, but don't know how long.

Your list is correct. In addition xkeyboard-config should change the
name of their configuration file from configure.in to configure.ac.

  - Automake 1.14 will likely drop support for the long-deprecated
    'configure.in' name for the Autoconf input file.  You are advised
    to use the recommended name 'configure.ac' instead.