Need Help for Xserver

Connor Behan connor.behan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 13:23:38 PST 2013

On 19/01/13 12:00 PM, Ravinder Sapavat wrote:
> Ravinder Sapavat
>
> Hello,
> I am facing the problem  of  X server.
> I am using the RHEL4.0 . when  i am staring the sytem , its  booting but GUI is not displaying .
> it giving the error as " I cannot start the X server( your graphical user interface).it is likely that it is not set upcorrectly."
> i am able to logon to the system in  command prompt mode.
> please help in this regards.
> Thanks&Regards,
> Ravinder  Sapavat,
> Hyderbad, India.
To get help with this, you will need to post pastebin links to at least
one of these files: /var/log/Xorg.0.log, /etc/X11/xorg.conf, "dmesg
output", "lspci output". But in all honesty this type of question is
probably better asked on a forum for your particular distribution.

> "Time is the wisest because it discovers everything"
>
> ::DISCLAIMER::
>
> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
> It shall not attach any liability on the originator or ECIL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in
> this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of ECIL or its affiliates.
> Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of
> this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and
>
> THIS MAIL IS SCANNED BY ECIL IMSS FOR VIRUS AND SPAMS.

It is well known that posts to this list are archived online. Using it
implies that the "intended recipient" is "everyone in the world".