fd passing for X

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Jan 23 12:33:52 PST 2013

Thomas Klausner <tk at giga.or.at> writes:

> I guess the recvmsg errors shouldn't happen?

Probably not. In any case, I've decided that attempts to only call
recvmsg when 'needed' are doomed to failure for X replies anyways -- you
really don't want to try and figure out when an FD is going to be sent
From the X server. So, instead, I've hacked up xcb and the X server to
*always* call recvmsg and stash away received file descriptors for
consumption by requests and replies as needed.

Everything for that is in git repositories in
people.freedesktop.org/~keithp; I'll be writing that up in a blog
posting when I've got some time (currently preparing to attend LCA)

keith.packard at intel.com