Google Summer of Code ideas needed

mengyu.xia at cn.alps.com mengyu.xia at cn.alps.com
Wed Mar 13 18:07:43 PDT 2013

Hi,

I got an idea.

Add custom gesture recognition to touchpad and touchscreen driver module
Difficulty: Medium
Skills Required: C
This project can allow user to create custom gesture for special function,
like turn off notebook,
start a speciel application, and so on. we need a GUI for user to config
and input the gesture, and
add the recognition code to synaptics module or a new created module.

Thanks,
Xia

Tom Stellard <tstellar at gmail.com>
送信者: xorg-devel-bounces+mengyu.xia=cn.alps.com at lists.x.org
2013/03/14 01:07

宛先
xorg-devel at lists.freedesktop.org
cc

件名
Google Summer of Code ideas needed

Hi,

It's time again for Google Summer of Code, so we need to start
updating the X.Org ideas page
(http://www.x.org/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas) with new ideas.  Since there
have been a few issues with the wikis lately, if you have any ideas
please respond to this thread, and I will make sure they get onto the
official ideas page (but still feel free to update the wiki page
yourself if you can).  A good project description should contain:

- A brief description of the project
- A difficulty rating (e.g. easy, medium, hard)
- The skills / programming languages required

Also, I am going to purge all the old ideas from the ideas page in the
next week, so if there are any of the old ideas that you think are
still relevant, let me know and I will keep it.

The ideas page is used as one of the criteria by Google for selecting
mentoring organizations and part of the reason X.Org was not selected
last year was that the ideas page was not up to par, so if we want to
participate in Google Summer of Code this year, it is important we
have a good ideas page with lots of ideas.

Thanks,
Tom Stellard