(Crowd funded) fix for SiS 671/771 video cards

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon May 6 23:48:10 PDT 2013

On 2013-05-07 08:22 (GMT+0200) Pander composed:

> Alan Coopersmith wrote:

>> you can buy 2 or 3 new ATI or Nvidia cards for that $100
>> and get much better performance & support than trying to make an old card
>> limp along forever.

> Well, it is an integrated card in my laptop.

The newest SiS video _card_ I can recall ever encountering was made last
century, before Intel began integrating video in motherboard chipsets as a
matter of course. IOW, SiS video is typically a component on a low cost
motherboard, often, maybe usually, on motherboards without slots in which to
put any video card regardless of price. I bought myself a SiS video
motherboard once. That won't happen again, except maybe under extreme duress,
neglect or accident.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/