Plans for X library releases

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu May 23 20:14:34 PDT 2013

Patches are fine, but releases are easier to package, especially with
as many Xlib patches as we put forth today.

So if everyone could be testing the current git masters and reporting
any issues found (and hopefully the tinderboxes will do so as well),
then we'll be less likely to put out immediate brown-bag re-releases.

I've just pushed a RC of Xlib 1.6 out, and as mentioned in its announcement,
unless any blockers turn up, plan to push out 1.6.0 final in the first week
of June.

For the rest of the libraries, I'm not planning on any RC's, just testing
of git, and then final releases next week (since Monday is a US holiday,
that's Tuesday May 28 - Friday May 31).

Releases I plan to make next week from the current git master branches:

libdmx 1.1.3
libFS 1.0.5
libXcursor 1.1.14
libXext 1.3.2
libXfixes 5.0.1
libXinerama 1.1.3
libXp 1.0.2
libXrandr 1.4.1
libXrender 0.9.8
libXt 1.1.4
libXtst 1.2.1
libXv 1.0.8
libXvMC 1.0.8
libXxf86dga 1.1.4
libXxf86vm 1.1.3

Releases I plan to make next week from non-master branches:

libxcb 1.9.1  (xcb-1.9 branch)
libXRes 1.0.7 (libXres-1.0-branch)

Releases I plan to let whot handle:

libXi