modular: Changes to 'master'

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Fri Nov 15 11:57:42 PST 2013

On 13-11-15 02:32 PM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> On 15/11/2013 19:27, Rob Clark wrote:
>> Well, to be fair, a number of the DDX drivers don't build on ARM.  I
>> remove them locally in my in my xorg.modules.
>>
>> I don't claim to be a jhbuild expert, but it is probably easier to
>> have everything in xorg.modules, and let people remove the depends for
>> what they don't want to build.  It seems easier to delete what you
>> don't want, than add what is missing.  Although maybe someone else has
>> a better idea.
> You don't even need to remove them from xorg.modules, you can simply write
> "skip = [ 'appplewmproto', 'libAppleWM' ]" (or whatever is appropriate) in
> your jhbuildrc.
Great idea when you just have a few to remove.

I'd be delighted if any of you would gave a try to the updated jhbuildrc
and xorg.modules files.

You have probably seen the patches, but I posted both files and a sample
demo build output on http://people.freedesktop.org/~gnadon/.

I am sure you'll like, at the very least, the fact that *all*
dependencies have been updated. You ask for any single module to build
and anything that needs to be done (and nothing more) gets built.

Just be aware that some modules have been relocated so it won't
perfectly overlap your current directory structure. It's more fun to see
it build from scratch. I expect some will not like the new module names,
but I am really open to change that. I just don't know exactly how every
one is using it. Compromises, as always.

http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2013-November/038884.html

Thanks.