X server 1.15 minor bug fix window held for GLX

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Nov 29 13:28:27 PST 2013

I didn't see any further discussion on the GLX issue that Jeremy brought
up last week, and I want to see that issue resolved before we close down
the tree for non-critical bug fixes as right now, the X server doesn't
support GLX on either OS X or Windows, which is a regression from 1.14.

I'm still studying the issue, but as I understand things, we've got at
least three possible solutions:

 1) Fix the OS X and Windows X server back-ends to deal with the new
    world order somehow.

 2) Pull the old GLX dispatch bits back into the tree for use by OS X
    and Windows.

 3) Revert the GLX API changes in the X server.

I'd prefer to avoid 3), but as they do cause a pretty significant
regression on two platforms, I think we need to figure out a
better way of fixing it.

keith.packard at intel.com