[RFC] GLX dispatch rewrite

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Thu Oct 24 18:08:27 CEST 2013

On Thu, 2013-10-24 at 14:11 +0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> writes:
>
> > I'd send this as a patch, but it's like 2M, so I figure that's rude.
>
> I'd love to see this in two pieces -- the first containing all of the
> actual interesting changes and the second just the mechanical conversion
> From CALL_foo to foo -- as it is, it's really hard to see the
> interesting changes in isolation. Yeah, I know we would never merge the
> patch like that because bisect would be impossible, but having some idea
> of what needs actual review and what the compiler will catch for us
> automatically would be nice.
>
> I'm certainly in favor of the general approach though, as you know, and
> would love to get this merged for 1.15.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ajax/xserver/log/?h=glx-direct-dispatch-parts

I hand-hacked this apart from the solid commit, but I think I got
everything:

dmt:~/git/xserver% git diff-tree -p glx-direct-dispatch..glx-direct-dispatch-parts | wc -l
0

The corresponding Mesa changes to the codegen code:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ajax/mesa/log/?h=glx

- ajax