Two long-standing server bugs

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Sun Sep 1 13:26:46 PDT 2013

>> I found these in the X shipped with NetBSD 5.2, which is X11R7 of
>> [some] stripe - I'm not sure how to get any more detailed version.
> "Xorg -version" should provide that.

X.Org X Server 1.6.3
Release Date: 2009-7-7
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: NetBSD/amd64  -
Current Operating System: NetBSD DP-Frank.Rodents-Montreal.ORG 5.2 NetBSD 5.2 (DP) #0: Tue May 14 03:28:46 EDT 2013 mouse at DP.Rodents-Montreal.ORG:/home/mouse/kbuild/DP amd64
Build Date: 09 July 2009  12:14:03AM

I know at least some of that is false; I've done a build-and-reinstall
of the world, including X, many times since 2009 (I didn't even _have_
this hardware in 2009, and a self-hosted rebuild is one of the first
things I do on new hardware).  And I know I did a rebuild in the last
few days, in order to get those two fixes!

Perhaps the NetBSD build machinery isn't updating whatever that is
based on or something.

I can also supply copies of the source in question.  But, really, if
dix/dispatch.c looks similar enough for those patches to apply, then
the bugs are probably present; ProcCreateCursor has changed little
between X11R4 and the X11R7 I was working with, so, unless someone
suddenly started doing drastic rototills, it is probably still pretty
much the same.

That's one reason I wrote that test program I mentioned.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org