xkb, us keyboard intl variant, sharp s. ß "s

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Mon Sep 30 11:40:01 PDT 2013

> key <AC02> { [         s,          S,        ssharp,          section ]};

> I don't know how to type it

I'm guessing here, but my guess is, hold down Mode_Switch and press s.
(To get section - § - hold down Mode_Switch and Shift and press s.)

If you don't have a key with the Mode_Switch KeySym and some modifier
bit on it, you'll need to arrange for one for this to work.

> can somebody tell me how to change the configure file, such that
> typing

> "s gives ß????

Not me; I don't know xkb - in my limited experience, things work better
when I disable it (probably an artifact of which setups I work with).
The above guess is based on core X keyboard mapping, for which the
first four KeySyms have reasonably well-defined interpretation.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org