Adding a return value to set_cursor_position() to allow it to report failure

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Thu Apr 10 07:14:17 PDT 2014

Since I did not get feedback about whether or not this patch would be of
interest I just went ahead and wrote it. Sadly I have missed the merge
window for 1.16 (so I had to bump the ABI version again in the patch).

I am also thinking that my previous patch to add a return value to
load_cursor_argb() makes the UseHWCursor*() call-backs irrelevant and
that I should perhaps submit a patch to remove them. And on similar
lines, is xf86ForceHWCursor() still useful? The only user seems to be
the R128 DRI1 code.

Regards,

Michael
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Michael Thayer
Werkstrasse 24                     VirtualBox engineering
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:michael.thayer at oracle.com

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher