Would anybody mind the "Drop circular pad support" patch being reverted?

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Feb 16 14:49:08 PST 2014

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 05:09:05PM -0800, Bart Massey wrote:
> Daniel, thanks much for the explanation! I sympathize, I really do.
> But it seems to me that retaining working code that folks are actually
> using has to be a higher priority than simplification.  --Bart

I hadn't seen a single configuration file that set that option in years, so
tbh I had no idea whether this code was being used let alone whether it was
working. Generally, given the state of the rest of the driver, I assume that
anything that's not used is probably broken.

And finding modern laptops with circular touchpads isn't that easy either.
Also, please note that the support was removed two years ago, with a driver
release almost a year ago now. So it did take quite a while for anyone to
even notice/complain.

Aaaanyway, revert is on the list, as soon as I get a tested-by I can push
it.

Cheers,
   Peter