Detecting whether the X server VT is the active one

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Thu Feb 27 07:01:58 PST 2014

Hello,

Another problem that I am running into is that the X11 client part of
our Guest Additions needs to know whether or not the X server VT is
currently the active one, for example so that it can disable our
"seamless windows" functionality if the server is switched out.
Currently we do this too with a hack in our DDX.  This only needs to
work with a standard X.Org server, so I thought about adding code to the
server to add and update a root window property to pass on the
information.  Does that sound like an acceptable solution, and if not,
does anyone have a better one?

Thanks.

Regards,

Michael
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Michael Thayer
Werkstrasse 24                     VirtualBox engineering
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:michael.thayer at oracle.com

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher