x, y in struct _SynapticsSHM is ABS_X, ABS_Y, why not ABS_MT_POSITION_X, ABS_MT_POSITION_Y?

Zhai Xiang xiangzhai83 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 05:28:29 PST 2014

Hi Peter,

Sorry for my late reply because I wen to Beijing for a short business
travel.

Yes, I read about the source code about 1.7.x by apt-get source
xserver-xorg-input-synaptics under Linux Deepin 2014, the SHM has been
completely removed.
And I do not want to hack the 1.6.x source code under Linux Deepin 2013 to
support ABS_MT_SLOT, ABS_MT_POSITION_X && ABS_MT_POSITION_Y sort of
multitouch support, even it supports multitouch and gesture recognition,
such as 2 fingers to zoom out/in, 4 fingers swipe up to show all open
windows, 4 fingers swipe right to switch to 2nd work space, 4 fingers swipe
left to switch to 1st work space, 3 fingers to move active window, the demo
video shown as http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU5MTk4MTk2.html

You said you are writing the driver with multitouch support using a
different base design, can I ask whether or not the driver`s source code
will be accepted by xorg official maintainer?
Would it be OK for you if I also contribute to your driver? If it is OK,
may I have your driver source code version control link such as github or
something else?

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers,
Leslie