[PATCH:x11proto] Do not suggest adding new keysyms to XF86keysym.h
alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Jul 15 13:53:39 PDT 2014
As noted in the comment in the file, X.Org controls the main X11 keysym
definitions, so adds new keysyms there, not in the XFree86 vendor space.
Reported-by: Gioele Barabucci <gioele at svario.it>
Signed-off-by: Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at oracle.com>
XF86keysym.h | 31 ++++++++-----------------------
1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 23 deletions(-)
diff --git a/XF86keysym.h b/XF86keysym.h
index 93eb062..8b5646e 100644
@@ -3,29 +3,6 @@
* The XFree86 keysym range is 0x10080001 - 0x1008FFFF.
- * When adding new entries, the xc/lib/XKeysymDB file should also be
- * updated to make the new entries visible to Xlib.
- * ModeLock
- * This one is old, and not really used any more since XKB offers this
- * functionality.
-#define XF86XK_ModeLock 0x1008FF01 /* Mode Switch Lock */
- * Note, 0x1008FF07 - 0x1008FF0F are free and should be used for misc new
- * keysyms that don't fit into any of the groups below.
- * 0x1008FF64, 0x1008FF6F, 0x1008FF71, 0x1008FF83 are no longer used,
- * and should be used first for new keysyms.
- * Check in keysymdef.h for generic symbols before adding new XFree86-specific
- * symbols here.
* X.Org will not be adding to the XF86 set of keysyms, though they have
* been adopted and are considered a "standard" part of X keysym definitions.
* XFree86 never properly commented these keysyms, so we have done our
@@ -36,6 +13,14 @@
* these archives, these are from memory and usage.
+ * ModeLock
+ * This one is old, and not really used any more since XKB offers this
+ * functionality.
+#define XF86XK_ModeLock 0x1008FF01 /* Mode Switch Lock */
/* Backlight controls. */
#define XF86XK_MonBrightnessUp 0x1008FF02 /* Monitor/panel brightness */
More information about the xorg-devel